November 19, 2012

WALK FOR A CURE: ALZHEIMER'S WALK

This past weekend a friend of mine and I participated in Walk For A Cure, a 5k fundraiser for Alzheimer's Disease in Philadelphia. There were a ton of people supporting the cause and the walk went by so quickly. There were teams in matching shirts and quite a few people carrying flowers.


My maternal great-grandmother had Alzheimer's so I received a purple flower to walk around with. I even had painted my nails to match the purple. Coincidence?? I think not.
 At the end of the walk all the flowers got put into "garden." The colors were based on if you lost someone to the disease, if you knew someone with the disease, or if you had the disease yourself.

It was a beautiful day and I hope to be involved again next year!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig