October 19, 2017

Our Wedding Story

I'm so excited to share my wedding day details with you! My husband and I were married on a gorgeous September day in 2017 in front of around 100 of our close friends and family.
My top three priorities for our wedding was: (1) a stunning wedding venue, (2) delicious food that would knock the socks off our guests, and (3) for our guests to have FUN. We didn't want anything too over the top and I'm happy to say I think we got it right! I can't wait to share it with you.


The Venues
We wanted a simple ceremony and an elegant reception. Our church is so light and airy and was the perfect setting for our actual wedding ceremony. It also had the longest aisle to walk down so I really enjoyed taking that walk with my dad.
Our reception venue was absolutely everything we were hoping for and there were so many amazing opportunities for photographs.
One of the things I loved about the venue was its stunningly large windows and the beautiful chandelier. I'm a sucker for a pretty chandelier!
Weddings can range from very quaint with only a few guests to super huge gatherings of a few hundred. Our wedding had around 90 guests so I'd say it was "medium sized" as far as weddings go. Our venue was the perfect size -- spacious enough to accommodate all the tables without people being on top of each other yet small enough no one felt like they were out in space and not part of the fun. Plus, we were able to mingle with everyone and say hi AND still enjoy ourselves.  
FOOD
We were having such a great time we didn't get many photos of the food but to this day people are still talking about how delicious (and how much variety) the food was! Personally, my favorite had to be our three-tier wedding cake and our cake pop favors that we gave to guests. They were decorated like little tuxedos and wedding dresses.
I always think about re-ordering a dozen or so favors just to have some for me to snack on!

 FLOWERS
To be honest, flowers were not a priority to me. I think all floral arrangement are pretty so I found a florist and gave her free reign to put "bright and cheerful" arrangements and bouquets together. For the bouquets, she incorporated my absolute favorite flower (hydrangeas) and added in calla lilies, roses, and tea roses.
Our ceremony and reception arrangements were similar but incorporated larger lilies.
THE DETAILS

alfred angelo; cinderella dress; alfred angelo 205; wedding

Bridal gown: My dress was Alfred Angelo Style 205, also known as "Cinderella" from their Disney line. It's no longer available because the store closed!  It closed about six weeks before the wedding. Yes, it was stressful.

Bridal shoes: Badgley Mishka  Tad Ankle Strap Pump.  I loved these heels as soon as I saw them. They were comfy and all until about 10 pm....then it was GET THESE CLUTCHES OF SATAN OFF ME and I was trying to covertly kick them off under the table during without anyone knowing.

Rings: Tiffany & Co. The first gift my husbadn ever gave me was a Tiffany & Co. necklace so it was nice to work Tiffany's in to our wedding rings. 

Paper products: Invitations were from Paper Source and the rest were DIY. See my tips on adding finishing touches to your invites.
Bridesmaids' Dresses: Alfred Angelo Style 7290L in the color Once Upon a Time (no longer available).
Our wedding was everything we hoped it would be and more. We had so much fun celebrating with family and friends and kicking off our adventure as Mr. and Mrs.!
I hope you enjoyed this recap of my trip down the aisle. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig