November 25, 2017

Honeymoon Tour: London - Day Four

On our final day in London we tried to move in with Kate Middleton returned to Kensington Palace for a tour. I learned something as we were waiting to go inside: the royal grass is cut by royal horses. Think I'm joking?



There is the royal lawn crew. Seriously.

I guess they don't want to disturb the royals' precious beauty sleep! Kensington Palace was having an special exhibition of Princess Diana's various dresses that she wore during her lifetime. But first we toured the King's and Queen's Apartments. This is me on the Queen's staircase. I'm ready to move in any time!
Just check out these ceilings!

And I got to tend to official royal business. Lol.
After Kensington Palace (which is FAR from Buckingham Palace, even by cab), we headed to the train station for our next adventure: Leavesden. What's in Leavesden you ask? 
Leavesden is home to the studios where all the Harry Potter movies were filmed. Since they finished shooting they opened up the studios to us mere muggles for "The Making of Harry Potter" self-guided tours. It.was.epic.

You get off the train and board a shuttle that is right there waiting for you to whisk you off to Hogwarts the studios. You are greeted immediately by Wizard Chess pieces (yes, the actual pieces from the movie). But I could easily get swept away with sharing way too many photos from this particular activity so I'm going to leave that for its own dedicated post. 
And the best part of it might have been the very last room you walk through -- which housed le piece de resistance.....a full to-scale model of Hogwarts. This thing could have inspired tears from the right fan. I was just in awe from its size.
It doesn't look like it would be very large but check out the people wayyy on the right side of the photo holding the railing. That will show you the scale -- it was incredible to see!

After we made it back from the Harry Potter studio we swung by Abbey Road. Naturally, we had to pose on the crosswalk.
And of course I couldn't help myself. I didn't even care it was nighttime.
And that marks the end of our London leg of the Honeymoon Tour. The next day we headed to Liverpool. If you're not interested in the Beatles you may want to skip that post!

Are you a fan of Harry Potter? Have you been to the studio tour or Wizarding World of Harry Potter?
Are you a Beatles fan?
What is one thing you would like to do in London?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig