June 06, 2020

Weekly Recap: Meals and Workouts

June is not off to great start. Working from home continues to wear on us and it's been extended to September(!). Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to be home and staying safe to not contribute to the spread of coronavirus but motivation is somewhat hard to come by. Anyway, I hope your week was better than mine! Let's get into it.


On Sunday, I started my day by doing the Peloton All Star class that I watched on ESPN on Saturday.
Ha, I would have come in last, but these were world class athletes so I'm not surprised. Even if I matched my PR of 172 I would have come in 7th. The ride was so much fun and I'll definitely be doing this it again as a sort of progress check over time. I am so loving what Peloton is doing to keep innovating and inspiring during these crazy times. It's been a nice escape.

Later on I joined Husband for a walk in our neighborhood. It's a little under 2 miles but the weather was nice so we enjoyed some time outside. We also set up our deck in the background and got out our fire pit.

For dinner we were missing our favorite Mediterranean takeout (we haven't had it since the pandemic started!) so we ordered takeout and delivery using our Uber eats credit. It did not disappoint and it was exactly what we needed!

We always order the same thing and split it -- the hummus extra appetizer (the most creamy hummus topped with chopped beef and pine nuts and served with pita) and the signature dish (shish tawook, shish kebab, kufta kebab, and lamb chops with rice and a grilled vegetable skewer). We also get an extra vegetable skewer and side a couscous.  Husband eats the rice and 75% of the meat and I eat the grilled veggies, some of the meat, and the side of couscous. We package up the leftovers for an easy re-heatable lunch. It was so good to have a meal that we didn't cook and clean up after was such a breeze! No dishes other than the plates we used!

Monday started yet another week of working from home. My office announced that they aren't planning reopen until September, which means I'll be working from home for another 3 months! I got backed up working on a motion and didn't fit in a peloton ride before dinner. We made bruschetta chicken with a side salad.
The balsamic reduction was soooo gooood.

On Tuesday, I did my first Tabata ride with Robin Arzon and oh my gosh was it hard!
I feel like I'm always in the middle half of the riders, which I'm okay with. We've only had our bike since the end of November so I'm working on improving.

For dinner I made fish tacos to use up the rest of my frozen cod. It was the first time I've ever made fish tacos (I don't even order them at restaurants) but they turned out really well.
I made them with a Mexican flair.

On Wednesday I did a quick 20 minute 90s pop ride with Cody Rigsby, mostly for the music but also because I love Cody's rides.
And I was so excited because my Blueland soap and cleaning products were delivered on Wednesday! I'm trying to be more environmentally conscious and aware in my purchases (and their upstream and downstream impacts) so I wanted to try a more eco-friendly option. I'll do a post about them later on since right now I'm still trying them out.

I didn't get a picture of our dinner because we had some severe storms and lost power for a few hours!

On Thursday I did the Tunde 30 minute Speak Up ride and I was not prepared for how powerful it was. She spoke about what is going on in the world right now with the Black Lives Matter movement and how we need to do better to combat racism that still penetrates out society. It was such a powerful ride.
For dinner we made raviolis and meatballs.
On Friday I was just so happy to have gotten through the week. We enjoyed some chicken cheese steaks from our local pizzeria and kicked back to watch TV.






A combination of shish tawook, shish kebab, kufta kebab and lamb chops, served over rice or Couscous and grilled vegetable.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig