February 07, 2021

February Already?

Can you believe we're already in the month of February? It's been a while since I did a proper recap post on here so let's catch up and talk about how this year is going. I just put on a classic (2 Fast 2 Furious, lol) and now it's time to blog. I'm going through my camera roll to catch up.

How has the weather been where you are? For us here in the northeast it has been bitter cold with snow. It's been keeping us indoors but I'm not complaining because we haven't had much snow over the past 2-3 years. It's also been a small silver lining to covid because many people are having to stay home and there's less traffic on the roads.

The snow just makes everything look like a Christmas card. I love watching the flakes fall from the warmth of my chair inside.

Speaking of staying inside, I'm enjoying working from home with my little corgi coworker. She can sometime be distracting but after a few rounds of fetch she usually lays down and takes a nap. She's also really good at entertaining herself with the many toys we spoiled her with.

I just can't say no to that little face when she presents me with a ball!

I've been enjoying having a buddy keep me company throughout the day. She literally does everything with me...including re-organizing the shoe storage in my bedroom closet.
She also keeps me company when I workout but she seems to get so bored that she just falls asleep. Makes me jealous that she's snoozing comfortably while I'm huffing and puffing and working my @ss off. 
I was also really excited because I hit over 300 rides! I didn't do a live ride to celebrate so I didn't get a shoutout or anything but I'm just thrilled to have 300 rides under my belt. My husband and I have been talking about upgrading our home setup with the Tread or Tread+ but I just can't justify the expense. They are really well made machines but $4,000+ for a treadmill is insane. Even the cheaper option that they just added is $2500 or so. I still have to mull it over and see if we really should invest in it. 

I've been focusing on working out because I'm doing my first DietBet. A girl I follow on Instagram (@70poundsoflife) hosted one. It's a weight loss competition where you bet $35 to participate in "a game." A game is basically a challenge to lose a certain amount of weight. I think they can be all different challenges but the one I'm doing is a challenge to lose 4% of your bodyweight. You do an initial weigh in (don't worry--no one can see your weigh in photos except the judges who verify it) and then a final weigh in at the end to verify if you won. If you achieve the 4% loss than you are a winner and you split the pot across all the other winners. If you don't achieve the 4% loss than you didn't win and you lose your $35 buy-in. See? It's super easy. Here's hoping I can achieve the 4%! My weigh in was 149 pounds...so my goal is 143.

In other news we did a drive-by birthday celebration for my best college buddie's daughter, E. She is such a little cutie and I can't believe she's already a year old!
I also started a few crafts and projects around the house with all this home-time we've been having. The first was a cross stitch map my sister gave me years ago. You can use whatever colors and threads you like and really be creative to track where you've been and everywhere you've travels.
I looked on Google for some inspiration and people have really made some neat designs.

The other project I tackled was to create DIY valences for our dining room and living room.
Ultimately I think I'll try to do full curtains that you draw back and tie on each side with a lace or sheer of some sort. I think that would look so good. But this was the first time I pulled out my sewing machine other than when I made the cross stitch stocking for my doggo during the holidays. I used what was previously there and reverse-engineered it to copy it with the fabric I chose.

We've also been enjoying some home delivery meal kits. You've probably heard about all of them....Blue Apron, Home Chef, etc. Have you tried any of them? We ordered a few boxes from Home Chef and have been giving it a go.
I'm going to do a whole post about it in depth but I am LOVING it. It saves us so much time and energy and we no longer have to argue about what is for dinner or when to go food shopping!

That's basically it for now. How are you doing? Have you started any projects around your home? Have you tried a meal kit delivery service? Which one?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig