April 20, 2021

Let's Catch Up

So let's just jump right in to what I've been up to since I know it's been a long time and I have so much to share with you all!
A few weeks ago we had the first nice weekend and took a drive to the beach for a little picnic and relaxing walk.
 It ended up being slightly chillier than anticipated so I grabbed my favorite quarter zip for added warmth.
I love an empty beach so much. It's a site I only get to see during these fringe season times.

We also have made the best of the nice weather to take the doggo for long park walks. 
She gets so excited to sit in the front seat!
We also celebrated Easter a few weeks ago by dying eggs and prepping our Easter baskets. My husband filled mine with delicious chocolatey treats from Laderach.
Yes dying eggs is probably just for kids...but why not.

Has anyone been scratching a major shopping itch? I have enjoyed one too many JCrew orders and I have purchased way too many workout clothes. This working from home life has meant a permanent rotation of comfy clothes. I can't even remember the last time I was in my closet.
A matching set is my weakness. And I bought those J.Crew joggers in three colors because they are so comfy.

I've been incorporating more yoga into my weekly workout routine. I even bought a new yoga mat as incentive to stay on track.
My favorite ride recently was a 20 minute low impact ride I did with Kendall. It had all Disney music and I was having so much fun singing along I didn't even notice when this guy beat me BY ONE! I tried so hard to regain my lead but just couldn't. I love that aspect of the bike workouts -- the community can really push you! 

If you want to invest in a bike I have a referral code that will get you $100 off (use code XGF8A9 at checkout) and it will give me a credit to the merch store.

Ok so now let's get into the food from the past few weeks!

My favorite has been these delicious lobster rolls. There's a lobster roll food truck nearby that always sells the most amazing lobster rolls but we decided to make our own at home.
The key is butter on the rolls!

I've also been enjoying this chicken salad sandwich with avocado. It's sooo tasty!
I've been trying to start my day off with a plate of fruit, including raspberries, grapes, blueberries, blackberries, kiwis, and banana. I like picking and choosing whatever I'm in the mood for that day.
Last week my lunches alternated between Bar Harbor Clam Chowder or Crab Bisque soup or a salad. I am obsessed with Caesar salad.
I've also added some chicken finger and chick peas to my lunch salads for added protein.
And last but not least I had a shrimp po boy that was mmm mmm good and reminded me of our trip to New Orleans.

We also tried making homemade pretzels and they turned out fantastic! It turns out they are super easy to make.
That's pretty much what I've been busy with. I hope you all had had an excellent April!
  1. What have you been up to?
  2. Have you tried to make any new homemade recipe recently?
  3. What's your favorite part of the spring time?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig