February 03, 2024

One in a Millennial with Kate Kennedy

 

Today I am sharing a little bit about my visit to the One in a Millennial Book Tour.

It is no secret I really enjoy listening to podcasts. They are the perfect companion for when I am driving to work, cleaning, getting ready, or going on a run/walk outside. One of my favorite podcasts to listen to is "Be There in Five" by Kate Kennedy, a Chicago-based entrepreneur, pop culture commentator, podcast host, and author. Her content is fun and playful yet educated and well-spoken. I guess you could say it's pretty "easy breezy" (her words). I really like the....how do I say it? Millennial nostalgia of it all...

For the launch of her new book One in a Millennial, my sister and I went to her Philadelphia stop on her book tour at the Theater of Living Arts. It was part book tour part live podcast and it was so much fun.

It was a live show inspired by "one of Kate's favorite mid-aughts bonding rituals: the all-female pregame" and it was part book reading and part live podcast. She wanted it to be "a fun night of reflection, comedy, criticism, and friendship that reclaims the girlhoods we left behind."

She did really well and I have to say I am in awe of her ability to wordsmith. It is one of the reasons I enjoy her podcast and she did very well live. It was also funny because she happen to be on Good Morning America the weekend before and I saw her segment unexpectedly so I made sure to compliment her on a well-done appearance! She was so down to earth and friendly.

We also were able to get a signed copy of her book and snag a photo and a few minutes to talk to her since we bought the VIP package. 

Have you read One in a Millennial yet?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig