October 21, 2023

My Best Friend's Wedding

I have so much excitement sharing my high school best friend's wedding from last month. I honestly cannot remember what I have shared about this friend over the years here on this blog so I'm going to start at the beginning if that is alright with you, Reader.

I have known this friend for 20 years. We first met as eager to-be freshmen at the Alumni Scholarship luncheon our high school planned for us. Our mothers both graduated in the 70s from our high school and as legacy students we were eligible to receive a small Alumni Scholarship toward our tuition. 

Every time I see this photo I laugh at my mom and I doing the "Cambridge Cross" with our legs...obviously this was before it became so named.

Our high school shenanigans are some of my favorite memories. We even attended the same college for a semester until she decided to move back home to attend a school closer to home.
We drifted a bit after that but stayed in touch throughout the rest of college and when I attended law school.

She was a bridesmaid in my wedding.
So when it came time for her to get married I was absolutely thrilled and honored that she asked me to be a part of her special day. It felt like yet another important life milestone that we would experience together.

I had a blast working together with the other bridesmaids to plan her Harry Potter themed bridal shower.
And then finally the wedding day arrived! You know when you look forward to something for so long it starts to feel like it will never come and then you blink and it's finally here??

Originally they wanted to get married in Alaska but then decided to have it more locally so more people could attend and celebrate with them so they chose a rustic venue in the Poconos. It had a beautifully decorated barn for the reception.
Husband and I stayed in one of their "Cozy Cabins" which was very...cozy. Lol.

The morning of the wedding was spent doing the typical girly things. Hair, makeup, chatting, dancing, laughing, eating, drinking champagne, and getting the bride dressed!



I absolutely loved the way the stylists did my hair makeup. I wanted it an elevated but natural look that played up the eyes and hair that was up and out of the way because of the rain and wind. And the bride's hair and makeup was just...perfection!
How stunning is she?!
They did a first look privately between just them. And the photos are stunning. They also brought their dog for some photos.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig