July 28, 2024

A Quick Escape to Brooklyn

I had never been to Brooklyn before but I saw the Brooklyn Bridge featured in season two of The Gilded Age on HBO and couldn't wait to have the opportunity to explore. So when my husband mentioned an exhibit of Paul McCartney's collection of photographs at the Brooklyn Museum I jumped at the chance.

The Brooklyn Museum is a very convenient trip on the 2-3 subway downtown. And I found out you can just scan your photo instead of having to stop and buy a metro card!
My favorite of the photographs was this series of a jam session. The whole point behind this exhibit was that the photographs depicts intimate moments that could have only been captured by someone in the inner circle of The Beatles, and usually Paul McCartney himself.
We wandered down to the Brookelyn Bridge and gazed over at Manhattan. There was a couple with a disposable camera that asked me to take their photo...using an old school disposable Nikon camera. If they were concerned about handing over their phone I think it's a genius idea I never thought of!
We were going to take a ferry toward our dinner restaurant but then the water looked too choppy for me.
We also walked through Dumbo to the famous Dumbo bridge viewpoint and picture spot. It's a pedestrian area with a gorgeous view used often in filming movies. And look at the Empire State Building framed in the bottom of the bridge. No one it is a very instagram-worthy spot hunted by photographers. There is also a little grocer (my bad, bodega?) right at the corner so you can have a quick picnic if you want.
For dinner we had reservations at Peter Luger's Steakhouse. It used to have a Michelin star but it lost it a few years ago! It's been in Brooklyn for 135 years and is famous for old-school vibes and steak being served in a German beer hall.

I think they also have their own currency or something? They hand out chocolate coins that are similar to their real currency. It reminded me of John Wick's gold coins.
Overall, it was a pain to walk to from where we were but the steak was delicious. We ordered the Steak For Two with an oversized baked potato and side of mushrooms. My god those mushrooms were maybe the best mushrooms I have ever had. The steak was delicious too don't get me wrong but I'm still thinking about those mushrooms.
We decided against dessert because creme brulee was not on the menu. Lol. I never turn down creme brulee but other than that I rarely order desserts out. It's usually either creme brulee or chocolate mousse.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig