August 03, 2021

The Perfect Summer Side Dish: Italian Pasta Salad

Full disclosure: This pasta salad might just be the most addicting side dish ever. It's perfect for your summer barbecue, beachside picnic, or work (from home) lunch bag. And the best part? It's so simple to throw together!
I like to keep this pasta salad as easy as possible so the only tough part is boiling water for the pasta! I use cherry/grape tomatoes, canned and pre-sliced black olives, parsley, mini mozzarella balls that I chop in half/cubes, genoa salami, and, of course, tri-color rotini pasta.

Simply combine:
  • 16 ounces tricolor rotini pasta
  • 8 ounces chopped genoa salami
  • 1.5 cups chopped mozzarella cheese
  • 1 container grape/cherry tomatoes (I cut mine in half but you could leave them whole)
  • 1/2 cup of black olives (mine were pre-sliced!)
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 3.5 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • Italian dressing/vinaigrette (to taste) 
  • Salt and pepper (to taste)
Look at alllll the goodness!
For dressing I like to use Kraft Lite Zesty Italian Salad Dressing because it's calorie conscious (25 calories per 2 tablespoons!)....and I also usually have it in my fridge already from my garlic parmesan chicken wings.

I place all the ingredients together, coat it with the dressing and toss to combine. Then I let it sit a bit so the pasta can soak in some of the delicious dressing and then I do a taste test. I always end up adding more dressing than I think I need so feel free to use as much or little as you like!

What is so great about a pasta salad is you can mix and match the ingredients for whatever you have in your pantry. I've seen recipes only with broccoli in it or even bell peppers. Whatever you want to add -- you do you, friend!

I tossed it in this large Tupperware container so I can take it over my parents' house for their Fourth of July barbecue (mama taught me to never show up at someone's house empty-handed!)

Do you have a signature side dish you like to make?
What's your favorite pasta salad ingredient? (Mine is definitely the mozzarella bites!)

Talk to you next time!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig