July 29, 2019

Dinner at Jean-Georges

Jean-Georges
Husband and I attended a "soft open" at the new Jean-Georges restaurant in Philadelphia this past weekend. I have never eaten at a restaurant before it was open to the public so I was really excited and to be honest, I felt like such a celebrity! It probably will never happen again but we had a great time.
Jean-Georges is one of the newest restaurants to come on the Philly scene. It's high above the city on the 59th floor (hello views!) and has the best ambiance. It's definitely a fancier restaurant than we typically go to for dinner but it was really nice to have an excuse to get dressed up and have a night on the town.
The elevators are on the outer edge of the building so you can watch the street get smaller and smaller as you lift higher and higher. The people at street level looked like little ants when we reached the 59th floor.
The food was what you would expect from a ritzy restaurant (many small portions) but it was really delicious! What I liked about the menu was that it focused on high quality in-season ingredients. 
My lamb had the most delicious mint yogurt sauce. I found the dinner really filling. Plus we had a few appetizers to start us off, including the most scrumptious take on a corn fritter/dumpling. 

And the desserts stole the show. Husband and I ordered two and split them. But the chocolate one was so good I didn't want to share.
It had peanut butter, a fruit sorbet (I can't remember what kind of fruit--it's that purple stuff at the top), and various chocolate, all laid on top of a vanilla/caramel sauce. It was so good I would have licked the plate clean if I thought no one would see!
  1. What is your favorite restaurant to ea out at?
  2. Do you get dessert when you go to a restaurant?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig