May 19, 2019

Skinny Avocado Egg Salad recipe (without fresh avocados)


I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I am enjoying noshing on it right now as I type this post! Today I am sharing an easy, quick, and healthy egg salad recipe that's perfect by itself, on toast, on a salad, or really any way you can think to use it. Continue reading for the recipe.
skinny recipe; skinny breakfast recipe; avocado toast with egg; avocado egg salad
A quick note about this recipe before we begin, I know I'm not the only one who hates buying avocados. They are pricey, I never know if I am picking good ones, and I am even worse at figuring out if they are ripe to use. And yes, I have followed all the tips to tell if your avocado is ripe that you'll find on Google! Anyway, my point is you can make this fresh avocados if you are a better avocado picker than I. Or you can make it easy like I do and just use pre-packaged guacamole. And this recipe doesn't use any mayo or additional fats so I count that as a win!
Skinny Avocado Egg Salad recipe (without fresh avocados)
Ingredients
  • 1 small package of guacamole (I usually use Wholly Guacamole Classic Minis)*
  • 1 tablespoon parsley (you can use dried parsley if that's all you have on hand)
  • 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 2 hard boiled eggs (peeled and diced)
  • onion powder, salt, and pepper to taste
  • 2 slices bread (optional)
  • 2 leaves lettuce (optional)
  • Tomato (optional)
*If you use fresh avocado use half a medium avocado and 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise to get the creamy texture).

Simply combine all the ingredients and serve on your favorite bread, toast, or just eat it with a fork by itself. It's delicious!
Skinny Avocado Egg Salad recipe (without fresh avocados)
I like to slather it on a piece of french bread with some leaves of iceberg lettuce and sliced tomato. Mmmmm, so tasty!

If you try this recipe out let me know in the comments below what you think of it!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig