December 26, 2022

Christmas Recap 2022

 

It is always bittersweet once the holidays pass. We wait for them all year, hope for their swift arrival once the calendar strikes December, and then in a blink we are packing up the ornaments and taking down the decor. Today I am sharing my Christmas Recap 2022. 

This year marked a first for me. We hosted my parents (and brother since he lives with them) for a mini Christmas dinner the weekend before the holiday. We found crab legs at BJs and it reminded me of all the years my mother would make crab legs as part of the Seven Fish Feast, the Italian Christmas vigil tradition on Christmas Eve. I sheepishly realized I had never tried to pay back any of her efforts over the years and we decided to start this year. So we invited them over for a crab fest.

We also enjoyed our various advent calendars. My husband bought us two advent calendars from Laderach so we wouldn't have to share. I bought a doggie-friendly one for our pooch.

On Christmas day, we did the typical Christmas traditions, Ree Drummond's French Toast Bake for breakfast on Christmas morning and the creation of a gingerbread house. Does anyone actually eat a gingerbread house?

While breakfast was baking we opened presents. Santa was very generous this year. I was most excited for the Peloton Guide (and all the accompanying weights) and my towel warmer. Yes, I said towel warmer. I'm an adult -- these are the things I get excited about now.

I also made sure to get Bella a little gift or two. Nothing crazy.

I was very excited about my Christmas gift to myself. I may have purchased a little something that I will share here on the blog in a little bit.


1. Do you have any holiday traditions?
2. Do you buy yourself a treat for the holiday?
3. What is your favorite holiday meal?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig