December 01, 2022

Let's get Reacquainted - A long overdue recap.

I cannot believe we are in the holiday season already! Last I checked it was July and now we are almost halfway through December. Where has the time gone? Let's catch up and I'll show you what I have been up to.

In September my husband and I enjoyed an anniversary trip to Portugal. It was so nice to be traveling again and I'll be sharing our trip on here soon. Until then...here is a teaser.

In October we celebrated my sister's 35th birthday!

We had a wedding in Maryland too.

We also celebrated Halloween of course. We carved pumpkins and I gave out candy to the trick-or-treaters. It rained that night though so we got less traffic than we usually do. I had quite a bit of candy leftover and I am still trying to eat it so it doesn't go to waste.

And we even attended a really fun masquerade ball that had a The Night Circus theme. 



I really enjoyed the book and the evening was really fun with my family. It's so rare we get to dress up as adults!

We also had to tame the never-ending leaf attacks in our yard over the fall. I am so glad that is over. I understand why people cut down their trees.

At least my dog enjoyed playing in the leaves.

My husband and I went bowling and had the lanes pretty much to ourselves. Too bad it didn't improve my skills.
We also saw Roger Waters in concert. It was weird to go to our first concert post-covid but we wore masks and were fine.

I met up with my college buddy to enjoy some sushi. I have also been on a bit of a pasta kick lately which is sort of weird. I never was a huge fan when I was younger. I've also been on a juice kick though so in my mind it balances out. Maybe.  

In November I voted in the election. I don't get political on here because I like using this as a more creative outlet and escape but I do think it is important for all eligible Americans to get out there and exercise their right and civic duty to vote.

I also attended a fundraising dinner for work up in North Jersey. The venue was absolutely beautiful and the dinner itself was very tasty!

I got a haircut! The long thick hair was getting annoying and I never felt like taking the time to blow it dry or straighten it. And of course I still don't know how to make the natural wave look nice and tamed. So I cut it shorter for the winter.
I think it'll still grow long enough so I can do something with it for my friend's wedding in 2023.

Speaking of my friend's wedding, she asked me to be a bridesmaid and we celebrated her engagement with the rest of the wedding party and her family.
How cute was the little bridesmaid gift she gave me to ask me to be in her wedding. 

I've taken up a few new hobbies the last few months. I have been reading more and I tried punch needle.
And that is pretty much it. I'm trying to get back onto a blogging schedule that will sync up with my Instagram. Obviously I need to get better at posting on both!
  1. What have you been up to the last few months?
  2. Are you working on any project?
  3. What is something you would like to see from me on this blog?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig