September 21, 2015

Cruise Recap: Our Haitian Adventure

Today's post is a follow up to my Cruise Recap post about my post-bar, anniversary, and birthday celebration vacation. We cruised to the Western Caribbean for seven days and visited Labadee, Haiti, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, Falmouth, Jamaica, and Cozumel, Mexico. The islands were AMAZING and I got so many incredible photos that I can't even share them all (but I want to!). This post is just for the time we spent in Labadee, Haiti.



 On Labadee we decided to disembark and head to the beaches for some swimming and relaxation.
The breaches were so pretty and the weather was so nice. 
Then we decided to try kayaking. It was the first time I ever kayaked and I seriously thought I was going to tip us over the entire time. I was lucky though and the sea was calm so we did not in fact end up in the water. 

We kayaked from the beach on Royal Caribbean's private island part of Haiti to the real Haiti. I met some Haitians who were so sweet and talked to me about their life and how everything was so different. It was pretty eye opening.
The tour guide for the kayak was Alber (notice, no "T" on the end...don't call him Albert!). He had a great sense of humor and kept us entertained with a ton of info on Haitian life, food, fun, etc. He was super cool and I really enjoyed the kayaking trip.

After we got back from "the real Haiti", we took a dip in the ocean and walked around. The cruise line brought lunch onto the island for us that day so there was a beach side barbecue for us to enjoy. It was delicious!
Then it was time to return to the ship. But not before we did a bit of souvenir shopping for our families and of course to buy a Haiti magnet for our travel magnet wall! 


Next up is Grand Cayman!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig