April 26, 2020

Continuing Quarantine, Stuck Inside, & A Parade of Food

I'm going to try posting weekly recaps every Sunday so I can be more accountable with my food intake, workouts, and share a little about my life each week. With everything sort of on pause during quarantine (thank you, covid-19) there really is not much to do and blogging has been such a great escape.


Monday began yet another work from home week. It was super rainy and chilly that I had no trouble sitting at my computer all day working on drafting a motion. I may not 100% enjoy having my "office" be the same as my house but I have loved being able to wear my comfiest of clothes. I threw on my favorite sweatshirt and then warmed up a batch of New England Clam Chowder I made.
 
Working from home this past month has started to wear on me but it's been really nice to be able to walk to the kitchen to make breakfast and lunch every day. Tuesday I decided to use the last of my frozen fruit to make a smoothie for breakfast. It was mango, strawberry, and banana and had the most tropical orange color.
Then for lunch I had some tuna salad, crackers, and cucumbers. I have been living off packet tuna because it's shelf stable and easy to use!

On Wednesday night we made a mandarin orange chicken with peas, carrots, and toasted sesame seeds. We had some brown rice on the side.
We were starting to run low on food so we decided to place a few grocery delivery orders. They arrived on Wednesday and I was so excited to see fresh strawberries, tomatoes, and a full freezer again.
Thursday we were still craving Asian so we made broccoli and sesame chicken for dinner. These days we are living out of our freezer since we don't want to go out to the grocery store (we try to limit of grocery deliveries to once a month).
On Friday I celebrated my 10 year dating anniversary with my husband. On April 24, 2010 he asked me to be his girlfriend and we officially became a couple. Even with everything going on in the world, he still managed to surprise me with not one but two beautiful bouquets of flowers.
I also squeezed in a 30 minute bike ride. They started doing live rides again with the instructors from home and I'm so exited. I love the on demand rides too but there's something about knowing that you are doing the ride live with an instructor that is super motivating. I have been craving barbecue so I enjoyed a hotdog with beans for dinner.
Saturday started with a morning sweat session. My sister and I did the Live from Ride Together We Go Far ride with Robin on our Peloton bikes. It's been really nice being able to workout together even while we've been socially distanced and home bound.
My stats weren't anything spectacular but it is always nice to get a workout in, even if its not as intense as I hoped.

We had our "Saturday Steak" using rib eyes that came from Omaha Steaks. This is our one indulgence during quarantine.
If you have never tried Omaha Steaks I recommend. They are so delicious and easy to prepare. We use a sous vide to cook the steak through to medium and then give it 30 seconds in a screaming hot cast iron skillet to sear the outside. The result? A deliciously scrumptious and perfectly cooked slice of meat.

This coming week seems to be more of the same: working from home, working out at home, and of course, eating at home. I am looking forward to the start of  a month on Friday though! I can't believe it's almost time for a new Monthly Check In already. See you then!

What are your meals looking like these days?
Are you still going out to stores? Or are you getting your food delivered?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig