November 01, 2020

Happy Halloween 2020: COVID Style

Much like everything else this year, Halloween is being impacted by the continuing COVID-19 outbreak. I'm really glad I don't have children because I know how difficult these days are for parents who have had to take on even more responsibilities than normal, but I'm sad that the kids won't be able to enjoy Halloween trick-or-treating like they normally would. When I took my puppy for a walk earlier I saw some neighbors setting up tables so they could put candy outside but we decided to just keep to ourselves this year. I look forward to next year though and will definitely be handing out candy then.
Instead we stayed inside, watched Halloween movies, and had a little Halloween feast.
We enjoyed a completely indulgent feast of waffle fries, mummy dogs, and cheesesteak eggrolls and it was delicious. We even made homemade cheese sauce (though I wouldn't recommend the recipe we used because it was not as tasty as we hoped), honey mustard, and ketchup. I'm a sucked for hotdogs and ketchup.

We also carved pumpkins. It was funny introducing Bella to pumpkins...she didn't know what to make of it at first. And naturally she tried to eat it...
Of course mine was inspired by a life-event as usual. I went with a corgi and added a paw print!
And in the dark. Look at those ears! My husband's pumpkins always come out so well. He did a bat this year. Do you guys carve pumpkins? I love carving pumpkins each year and I wish I had some of the skills that we saw on Outrageous Pumpkins on Food Network. Those people are crazy talented!
Do you guys know about Hue light bulbs? They allow you to control your lights with your phone or Google Home and you can change the colors to anything you want! For Halloween we went with reds, orange, and purple!

And yes, I admit I bought my puppy a costume. I don't know how feel about dogs in clothes but I think it can be adorable. I don't go overboard and you won't see Bella walking around in full on doggy outfits but I saw this costume on Amazon and couldn't say no!
It's a little cowboy! Bella didn't like it much at first but I gave her enough treats that she was soon completely fine with it.

How did you celebrate Halloween this year?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig