October 25, 2020

Baked Zucchini Fries

From my recap post you know that one of the recent dinners we had was baked garlic parmesan chicken wings and zucchini fries. Zucchini fries are one of my favorite healthy-ish sides because they remind me of french fries. The breading gives that slight crunch but the zucchini keeps me calorie conscious and waistline friendly. 

I love dinners that I can toss in the oven and forget about. The hardest thing about these zucchini fries is the breading. After that they just get popped on the baking sheet and in the oven they go.

I used one and half zucchinis and cut them into wedges. If you need more just scale the recipe but this was enough for two sides.
The breading for these zucchini fries is your typical wet and dry breading. Mix two eggs with a tablespoon of cream or milk for the wet mix. Then for the dry ingredients mix 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, and salt and pepper to taste.
For the bread crumbs I used Italian seasoned bread crumbs because these were being served with garlic parmesan wings but you can really flavor these however you want.

Then line them on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 400 or 425 degrees. I spray the foil with non-stick spray so the fries don't stick!
And voila, it's as easy as that.
If you want something to dip these in try homemade marinara (or jarred...lol). It's so good!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig