October 18, 2020

Wimpy Burgers, Surgery, and voting!

It's been too long since I did a recap. The problem is with covid-19 and everything we're not really doing anything overly worthwhile and I think a weekly recap would be so boring to read since it's just wake up, work, lunch, work, watch TV, sleep. I'm trying to figure out what to write about during these times since really I feel like we're living one big Monday over and over again. We took a road trip out to my college town for a little nostalgia--dinner at our favorite college restaurant. They make "wimpy burgers" (mini burgers) and the best "rhino fires" (cheese fries with bacon and ranch). Obviously it's not the healthiest option but everything in moderation right? 

It was so good. We didn't want to actually go into the restaurant so we made it curbside pick up and then had a little car picnic. 

Then my poor Bella got spayed. I've never had a female dog so I didn't know what to expect. It was a simple enough procedure but it is a surgery after all so she was out of commission for a day and a half. When I brought her home she was so out of it, drooling and just wanting to lay down. I wrapped her up like a burrito and left her be.

Her eyes were so sad but she seemed to not mind the cone of shame. I gave her the pain medication the vet gave me and it seemed like she was getting back to normal by day 3. She's now back to her feisty energetic self and is no longer wearing the cone.

I spent a lot of time in the kitchen where I kept her since I didn't want her having any accidents on the carpets. So while I was in the kitchen I broke out my popsicle mold and used some of our fruit punch mix. 

I also made chicken wings and zucchini fries for dinner. See the wings recipe here.
chicken wings
And teriyaki salmon over green beans.
And last but not least, we voted!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig