December 29, 2020

Holiday Eats 2020

Like many things for a lot of people this year the holidays looked a bit different. Under normal circumstances we spend the holidays celebrating and enjoying time with our extended families. With everything going on with Covid-19 and the cases worsening across the tri-state area, we decided it was best for our families to spend the holidays alone this year. While we missed the holiday experience we looked forward to all year (like so many others we clung to the hope that covid would resolve before the holiday season) we were not going to miss the opportunity to prepare a feast for two! Want to see what we made?
I'm Italian so Christmas Eve means the Feast of the Seven Fish. And I think I did my Italian mommom proud with our tiny 2 person feast.

We started with a trio appetizer: New England Clam Chowder, (air)fried calamari, and bacon-wrapped scallops.
Oh my gosh, the scallops were so good and we gobbled them up before I thought to take a photo! I brushed them with a brown sugar and soy sauce marinade and popped them in the oven.

For our main dishes we prepared garlic shrimp scampi, steamed lobster tails and steamed crab legs, broiled salmon, and broiled cod. We also made cheddar bay biscuits (our grocery store carries the Red Lobster sells the mix for them).
I am absolutely planning on doing a dedicated recipe post about the garlic shrimp scampi because it is one of my favorite meals ever. We make it probably 4-5 times per month and it was a perfect fit for the Christmas Eve feast. I know some people are hesitant to cook fish but it is so easy and so fast! The whole feast was ready within 15-20 minutes.

We even did a holiday table scape with charger plates, champagne flutes, and folded fabric napkins. Just because we were having a solo celebration we still wanted it to be special. 
And of course we even had a fish feast for Bella. We had a trial package of Fromm's Whitefish and Potato kibble, which I mixed with her cesar's food loaf. And then we also gave her some cod skin treats and a salmon roll treat. She had her own 7 Fish Feast, the dog version.

Then for Christmas, we enjoyed a Christmas prime rib with green bean casserole and scalloped potatoes.
And for dessert we enjoyed sticky toffee pudding...which always reminds me of our stops in England and Ireland during our honeymoon. 

How did you celebrate the holidays this year?
Did you enjoy good food? What's your favorite holiday treat?
What is the best holiday gift you ever gave? Ever received? 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig