December 29, 2021

A Christmas Recap 2021

I hope everyone is having a happy and healthy holiday season. Now that we are comfortably in that slump between Christmas and New Years where time doesn't really make sense and no one knows what day it is anymore I wanted to do a quick catch up post of the past few weeks and Christmas festivities.
I always get excited for December and I love cramming in as many traditions as possible during the lead up to Christmas. This year, even with covid still looming, I made sure to see some family to enjoy quality time for the holidays. 

My sister, mom, and I went to a Holiday Tea to talk, catch up, and enjoy some delicious tea and tea sandwiches. They served the best butternut squash soup I have ever had -- it seriously tasted like a warm hug feels.
It was nice to have time just us girls. 

I also spent some time baking holiday cookies with my sister. We made the most amazing cranberry lemon cookies.
Speaking of food, my family is Italian and we typically have the Feast of the Seven Fish on Christmas Eve. The crab legs were always my favorite part of the meal and so every year my husband spoils me with some crab legs and a "mini Christmas Eve" a few days before or after Christmas Eve with my family.
And yes, we use microwaveable au gratin potatoes -- they're just too much work otherwise!

We also built a gingerbread house....because it's tradition and seriously what else were we doing with our time? Lol.
It wasn't our normal gingerbread kit so it came out a little wonky but we still had fun putting it together. 

And of course, we spent Christmas day enjoying our traditional french toast bake, watching Christmas movies, and opening presents. 
Bella gets the Christmas treatment too. 
She was so bashful about her new gifts. Haha, hiding her nose as if to say is this all for meee? We bought her a new comfy bed for our family room, a cozy crate liner, a tug toy, and some beef treats. She loved her presents but I think she enjoyed her doggie cookie advent calendar treats the most.
How did you celebrate the holidays this year? Did you see family or stay home?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig