March 13, 2022

Peloton Tread Review: Everything You Need to Know!

After six months of owning the Peloton Tread I wanted to share my review. We're talking about everything! Cost, financing available, delivery times, equipment, safety features, classes, and whether I think it's worth all the hype. Let's get to it!

What is the Peloton Tread?

The Tread is a treadmill sold by at-home fitness giant, Peloton. The company is very well known as an exercise equipment and media company that connects its customers to at-home on-demand and live classes. The company also sells stationary bikes and I shared a review last year!
There was originally a larger, more expensive, and more intense treadmill which is now called the Tread+ or Tread Plus. However, sales of the Tread+ have been paused due to some safety concerns with small children being pulled under the belt.

I find the belt to be very comfortable while walking, hiking, or running.

What are the Tread's features?

STANDARD BELT

The Tread has a regular belt supported by a deck, which is the more traditional style belts seen on treadmills. The Tread+  has a slat belt, which is a thicker belt with less cushion that is generally a harder running surface that more resembles running outside. I like that the Tread has a regular belt that I can replace if/when needed rather than a slat belt.

SIZE 

The deck has 59 inches of running space. I'm 5'4" and my husband is 5'10'. Both of our strides are very comfortable on the Tread. 

The footprint itself is 68" long by 33 inches wide and 62 inches high. I placed a runner mat from Home Depot or Lowes under the Tread to protect our carpet.

CAPABILITIES

The Tread allows its users to use speeds from 0 to 12.5 mph and inclines between 0 and 12.5% grade. The speed and incline can be controlled by the screen or by the knobs on either side of the Tread safety rails.
And at the center of each knob is the "jump button" which allows you to immediately go up to the next whole number. For example, you would go from 5.2 mph to 6.0 mph or 2.3% to 3% incline grade.

ELECTRONICS/TECH STUFF

The Tread has a 23.8 inch HS touchscreen. It's GORGEOUS and crystal clear. 

SAFETY

There is a safety lock that prompts you to unlock the machine before each use and after periods of inactivity. This helps keep children and others who should not be using the machine from accessing it. 
The belt will also turn off automatically if you step off it for 15 seconds and leave the belt running.

The other safety feature it has it the typical treadmill clip. 
You just clip it to your shirt and if you exit the treadmill it will cause the magnet to disengage and the belt will stop.

Speaking of stopping, there is also a STOP button at the front center of the treadmill rail.
(ignore the dog hair--lol. And yes I know I haven't taken the plastic off yet)

STORAGE

There is not much room for storage but to be honest I don't know what you would need to store on a treadmill. There are two water bottle holders that are very secure and you do not have to worry about your water bottle banging around while you run. It first my Contigo 24 ounce water bottles perfectly. There is also a small flat storage space for a phone, bobby pins, etc.

How much does the Tread cost?

Like all Peloton products, the Tread is an investment. I won't try to hide it -- the Tread is an expensive piece of exercise equipment. When I purchased the Tread for $2,495.00. You can add different packages that would increase the cost. The most expensive package includes everything you could possibly need -- yoga blocks, three sets of weights, a mat, a heart rate monitor, a water bottle, etc. I only wanted the treadmill so I chose the cheapest package.

On top of the cost of the Tread you will want to pay the $39.99/month subscription fee. This gives you access to all of the Peloton classes on the equipment and access to the Peloton App. The App by itself (for people who do not have Peloton machines) is $12.99/month.

What are the classes you have access to?

I love the variety of the Tread. You have access to everything. You can choose from live classes on demand classes from a dozen or so instructors with a variety of music tastes and personalities. It was so much fun trying all of them out and deciding which instructors were my personal favorite. I even challenged myself to complete a class with all the Peloton instructors in 2021!

There are also programs and collections. 
And even scenic runs that you can choose based on time, guide, and distance.

Overall Thoughts

I absolutely adore my Tread. I think it is well worth the investment since the instructors/classes keep me motivated, there is a wide variety of classes to suit every mood, there are a variety of workout types from walks, runs, hikes, walk+runs, and the quality of the machine is really very solid. I think it is worth every penny of the purchase price and you will be paid back with workouts you actually enjoy and want to complete. Working out never feels like a chore to me. I also am obsessed with the fact that I can go for a run without depending on the weather -- which is perfect because as I am writing this the temperature outside is 9 degrees!

Let's chat! Drop your thoughts in the comments below.
1. Are you in the market for a Peloton Tread?
2. Do you prefer working out outside or inside?
3. What is your favorite type of workout to do?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig