March 28, 2023

Celebrating 33 for My Husband

We celebrated my husband's 33rd birthday this weekend. Unlike me, my husband is very low key and prefers to not be in the spotlight or have a ton of attention focused on him. Today I'm sharing our low key birthday celebrations at Grounds for Sculpture.

Grounds for Sculpture is a sculpture park and museum about 40 or so minutes from us. It is nice to visit anytime to explore and see the sculptures and grounds but there was a special exhibit called Night Forms: Infinite Waves that was a "light and sound experience" throughout the property. 

It was a little chilly that night and I was so excited to finally get to wear my Love Your Melon beanie that my sister got me after we completed our half marathon last year.  Because it was a nighttime event they had all sorts of signage to help keep you on the path to see everything.

The lights were so neat. It would change color and have music playing. It was really a pretty sight that I had so much trouble capturing on my phone's camera.

Since the exhibit only opened after dark we had a birthday dinner at Rat's, a country-style French restaurant located on the property. The food was delicious and the environment was so eclectic. The name and restaurant is based on the character Ratty from the children's story The Wind in the Willows. 

From the outside it resembles a chateau. 

(source: Rat's website)
(source: Rat's website)

Our seat was where this photo was taken so this was our view while we were eating. In warmer weather you can sit outside on the patio and overlook a pond and sculptures.

For our meal we went a little wild. We ordered my husband the octopus appetizer, me the french onion soup appetizer, and the escargots appetizer to split. For my entree I ordered duck, which was amazing. My husband had a grilled eggplant entree. For dessert we shared creme brulee but we gobbled it up before we thought to take a picture! It was so cute because the restaurant had written Happy Birthday in chocolate on the plate and it had a candle that my husband had to blow out.

One more birthday in the books. I can't believe we are well our on way in our 30s. It feels like just yesterday we were celebrating his 20th birthday! I'm excited to see what this year brings for him and I am a little looking forward to my 33rd birthday in May.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig