September 30, 2019

Day Three in Switzerland: Liechtenstein and Austria

We started our third day in Switzerland by venturing outside of Switzerland and stopping by Liechtenstein and then a surprise trip to Austria. I'm thinking I'll have to do an entire post just on Liechtenstein because we took so many pictures but for today I'm going to do a quick overview of the highlights.

We arrived in Vaduz and walked around the town. It's so tiny but there is still a handful of things to do. We saw the cutest little train (like the tram cars you see on boardwalks) that shuttled people around in the town. 

And of course we trekked to see Vaduz Castle. It's legitimately the home of the Prince of Liechtenstein. I would love to know what it looks like inside.

The field in front of the castle had a path and benches so we picnicked. After cooling down from our trek literally up the mountain we returned down to the town and hopped a bus to Feldkirch, Austria. It wasn't on our original itinerary but we figured why not? 

We stopped for gelato for a nice treat and to relax in the two center.

We got back to Zurich a little late but we were hungry from the long day so we stopped at one of the cafes. I wish more restaurants here had patio seating. You get to enjoy some tasty food and drink but also people watch the passersby. 

We ordered rosti with ham and cheese on top. I only had a little bit and gave the rest to hubby.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig