September 07, 2020

End of Summmer, Labor Day Weekend & More Puppy Photos!

This recap might be a little boring and a lot of dog-focused. I can't believe how obsessed I have become with our little corgi puppy, Bella. She is literally the best part of quarantine. 

Today is Labor Day so we had a barbecue with turkey burgers and potato salad. 

turkey burger with potato salad
Yesterday we went to see my family and my dad grilled steaks. It was nice to see everyone. With covid and all I definitely haven't seen them as often as I'd like.

This weekend I bought way too many things during the Labor Day 2020 sales. I bought a ton of stuff from Old Navy, some things that I saw featured on the Putting Me Together website, some items from Macys, and a few odds and ends from other stores. I have been trying really hard not to buy any clothes since at this point I'm wearing the same variety of lounge wear and athleisure clothing to work from home and. But the sales were so good I could not pass them up and I bought some staples. I even bought some things I figured I would never buy (like a maxi dress and a romper). I can't wait to see how everything looks and share it with you here on the blog.

The spending spree started earlier this week with Amazon, where I bought a cardigan sweater (I'm so ready for fall!) and this totally ridiculous cowboy pet costume. Welsh legend said fairies would ride on corgis backs so I figured Bella needed a saddle and a rider! I laughed so hard as she waddled around the room trying to buck the rider off. She really looked like a stumpy-legged rodeo bull! 

This week was good with workouts. I bought some new workout gear so I've been feeling the workouts recently. My favorite so far are my bright pink leggings (they match my sneakers!) and my leopard shorts. Because they are leopard print I feel very "on trend" when I wear them.

My workouts are mostly Peloton cycling classes and dog walks outside. This week I did a lot of Hannah classes for my rides. She was the first instructor I ever rode with back when my sister and I went to New York to ride live in studio. I forgot how fun her classes are -- she's full of life and positive energy and her rides are also a good challenge but aren't as killer as some of the other instructors. 

The rest of my time is spent keeping the puppy out of trouble.
Ugh she's able to jump onto the couch now. And she even got up to our back window! She's such a cat I swear.

We stopped to pick up some groceries (and stock up on toilet paper and essentials we started to run low on) during this week. As we were walking through the pet food aisle we saw these little Cesar loaf cups. Bella is a picky eater and turns her nose up at kibble so it's been a struggle to get her to eat full meals. We decided to give these a try. It came in a box of 40 and had all different flavor options. There are even breakfast egg options if you can believe it. 
We take one package per day and mix half in with her breakfast kibble and the rest with her dinner. So far it has made a world of difference. She no longer ignores the food bowl when I put it down and instead runs right up to it to start eating. 
Hah, filet mignon and porterhouse steak flavors! She's so spoiled. I hope she knows how good she has it!
She's my buddy. My mom and my sister have been having so much fun making her little bandanas and masks for for me. We even have a matching set. 

I didn't really focus or take pictures of food this week but we did enjoy some takeout and margaritas. We ordered from On the Border and I got their Enchiladas Suizas with chips and guac/queso on the side. I ate too many chips so I only ended up eating half my dinner. I also enjoyed a margarita (or two!) because...why not?! It was refreshing after the hot weather we've been having.
I also started trying some of my eco-friendly cleaning products that I bought a few months ago. I really love the Blueland foaming soap. Maybe I'll do a separate post with my first impressions of the stuff I have tried so far. 
I'm so excited that summer is ending. It has been a real bummer not being able to enjoy it like we normally would. I didn't go to the beach AT ALL this summer. I'm so ready for fall to roll in.
I am enjoying this beautiful crepe myrtle in our yard. It is always the last thing to bloom but when it does it the prettiest raspberry color. It always reminds me of the dresses my sister picked out for her bridesmaids at her wedding. I wish I could do something fancy so I could re-wear that dress.
I guess I'll leave it there. I hope you had a good holiday weekend!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig