September 30, 2020

Coexist with the chaos.

I'm so glad today is Wednesday because it means tomorrow is Thursday and then we're basically onto the weekend! It has been such a chaotic week so far and I am looking forward to the brief break the weekend brings. I have some bigggg plans to clean our house this weekend, lol. I like to do a "deep clean" twice a year when the weather changes (can you believe how dirty trim gets??) and as we enter into the fall season I figure it's a good time to clean things up.

Anyway today was another busy day of working from home. I had an early conference call to discuss strategy with one of my clients. Luckily we were on the same page and the call went quickly. After the call wrapped up I made some breakfast.

I made two pieces of Sarah Lee multigrain bread (it's only 45 calories per slice) for toast and spread some pecan butter on top. The pecan butter was a byproduct of making butter pecan ice cream and it is sooo good on toast. It would also be really good on pancakes or waffles! I also made a smoothie with frozen strawberries, peaches, mangos, and apple juice. I'm trying so hard to get through the giant bag of frozen fruit in the freezer. 

I spent most of the day working on motions and then had a deposition in the afternoon. I wrapped up slightly early and finally made it outside for a run. The weather has started to change and it was the most perfect crisp weather. I ended up running just under 2 miles and then taking Bella for a walk for just over two miles. 

She is so cute strutting her stuff on her walks.

I also wore my new workout gear. I love getting new workout clothes because it always reinvigorates me with motivation.
Because it was cool outside I threw on a gray tee shirt before starting my run.

For dinner we made sesame garlic chicken with broccoli. 
This meal is the most easy weeknight dinner to make. You just saute some chicken, add the sauce (it's a pre-made bottled sauce we buy from Wegmans), and frozen broccoli. It's so quick, easy, and tasty!

I spent the rest of the night curled up with Bella and my new book, The Betrothed. I read The Selection before and really liked the author so I was psyched when this book came out. I finally got around to reading it and I hate putting it down.
Are you looking forward to the weekend? Do you have any plans?
What is a book you are currently reading?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig