May 01, 2021

Happy Birthday Bella! Our Corgi Turns 1!

 I am laughing as I write this post because I know everyone loves their dogs but I'm pretty sure not everyone will go so far as to make a special dedicated happy birthday post for their puppy turning one. Well, this is my slice of internet paradise and what I say goes...so here we are! 

If you are just stumbling upon my blog, Bella is my new Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppy that joined the family last June. She was born in April and so this year we are celebrating a year of Bella, or BooBoo as I call her, and what a year it has been!

She's grown so much since the 5 pound tiny ball of fluff that she was when we first brought her home.


She grew into her ears I think. And she is approximately 2.5-3 times as long as she was. She has learned so many tricks and commands, and she loves playing fetch. She always enjoys being spoiled with new treats and toys.

And for her birthday that's exactly what we did!

She was also sent lovely gifts from my in-laws (I swear I fully acknowledge that she is a dog and not a human child...lol). 


Among the birthday treats were some Pioneer Woman Beef & Brisket recipe treats, birthday cake bites, Pooch Creamery "ice cream" for dogs, a little pink cupcake chew toy (kind of like a Kong) that I put a dental stick "candle" in for her (lol I know I know), and a Chewy stuffy that she promptly dispatched.

I had such a hard time getting her to sit still long enough for me to take a birthday of her wearing her birthday crown and bandana. But all in all these photos make me laugh every time I see them so I think it worked out even better than expected.
For that last one she was clearly telling me she thought I was being ridiculous.

I love having her in the family and she is just what we needed to bring a little light and happiness to these otherwise crazy pandemic times. She is a pandemic puppy who found her forever home and I love her so much. 

Let's chat! Drop your responses in the comments:

1. Do you have any pets?

2. Have you ever celebrated your pet's birthday or do you think I am completely nuts?

3. What is one thing bringing you joy right now?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig