February 27, 2022

Disney Princess 5K - A Virtual PR

This past weekend was the Disney Princess 5K in Walt Disney World in Florida and I signed up for the virtual 5k and Half Marathon with my sister since we weren't sure what the Covid situation would look like and all. I was so excited to do the race and waited for the timer to hit 000 Days 00 Hours 00 Minutes and 00 seconds! 
I had so much fun checking everyone's Instagram updates from the in-person race and seeing all the fun outfits, photos, characters, and medals.

My sister's Tread was just delivered and it was only 38 degrees out on race day so we decided to do a 5K scenic run for our "virtual" 5K race. 

We chose the 5K Kualoa Ranch Run in Hawaii and oh my gosh the scenery was so beautiful. It was great because it helps you focus on something other than your pounding feet. You don't get too in-your-head about running! 
I found myself looking forward to seeing what was around the corner or which fork in the run we would take. We muted the tread background music, jammed out to the RunDisney playlist, and had a blast. 

I wanted to hop off the Tread and book a Hawaiian vacation stat!

It was so satisfying seeing the workout complete notification pop up on the screen.
I wasn't running super hard for this but I'm pretty pleased with my time -- I was finished at 38:49. I would like to get down to a 30 minute 5K time in the future. But for little to no training ahead of this 5K I'm proud of myself. 
I couldn't wait to wear my 5k tee shirt! It's so cute and the prettiest blue! And the medal is gorgeous! It has the prettiest iridescent background that shimmers in the light.


It was my first runDisney experience and I can't wait to do the next one live! Maybe a marathon??

Questions for You
1. Have you ever run a race?
2. What is your 5K PR?
3. Do you still workout when you go on vacation?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig