April 04, 2022

Weekly Recap 4.4.22

 

It's been a while since I did a weekly recap so today we're recapping quite a few weeks. It's been a busy few weeks and we celebrated St. Patrick's Day, my husband's birthday, celebrated some warmer weather (albeit only a brief few days), and of course I'm sharing some food and workouts too.

Let's start off with St. Patrick's Day. I'm only Irish by marriage so I don't go all out for the holiday but I do love any reason to have a theme. Themed food, themed dress, theme accessories. Remember this St. Patrick's Day Manicure? For dinner we made bangers and mash and enjoyed a pint of Guinness (by we I mean my husband--I'm not a huge fan even though we went to the Guinness Factory during the Dublin part of our Honeymoon).

I wore a simple green J.Crew Factory teddy sweater in this beautiful emerald green with these black pixie pants, a pair of super old boots, a skinny leopard belt, and gold necklace. 

Speaking of food, I'm still on my tofu kick and tried a tofusada bowl from our local mexican restaurant. It was so good! I followed it with an ice cream sandwich (low calorie for those who are calorie conscious!). 

I've been making turkey hoagies for lunch. There's just something about a turkey sandwich that makes me think of my childhood. It's probably because we would always pack turkey hoagies when we would go to the swim club on the weekends. 

We also had the most delicious falafel gyros for one of our dinners this week. And yes, I picked up Chick Fil A for lunch when I was on my way home from working half day in my office on Tuesday.

In more exciting news, we celebrated my husband's 32nd birthday! If you ask me, he was most looking forward to the celebratory birthday sushi platter. It's just so darn delicious! I decordated the family room with some festive banners and balloons to make yet another covid-era birthday a little more special. Even Bella posed for the photo!

And for his birthday dessert he requested a fruit tart. I have never had a fruit tart for a birthday dessert but it ended up being delicious. Even though it was so good I still let him have all the leftovers throughout the week. It was his birthday after all.

We also spent some time outside this past week because we had ever so brief nice weather. I took Bella for a walk and had a phone call with my sister. We're going to be starting our Half Marathon Training soon!

My husband also surprised me with some tulips that are just so beautiful and bring some cheer to our kitchen table. I love tulips since my husband and I started dating in April 2010 and we even got engaged during the springtime tulip season in April 2016.

I may have mentioned back in February that I subscribed to a Date Box but if not, I am trying a subscription service where they ship you a monthly surprise date box. I'm trying it out for three months and our first box was in February. I'll do a review post later after we have completed all three. But here's a sneak peak!

Any idea what we did?

And lastly, it wouldn't be a recap post without talking about workouts! Now that my sister and I completed the Disney 5K, we're working on the Half Marathon. We decided to wait to do it until it got warmer out so we're scheduling it for sometime this summer/fall. In order to help prepare, I'm going to be following the free runDisney Half Marathon Training Gown. 


I'm also trying out some new "clean" deodorants to see how they stand up to running. I have been trying to slowly replace my products with cleaner/more natural options as they run out.  I saw these on Shark Tank and wanted to try them. They come in the cutest mini sizes too which means I can throw them in my purse!

My workouts have consisted of mostly cardio (I completed my 75th tread run) and boot camps. I did a Jess Sims Saturday 60 and almost died. It was way harder than I anticipated but it was an absolutely fantastic workout!

For April my goal is to complete a 5K every Saturday or Sunday. This past weekend's 5k was completed in 38:33 and my ultimate goal is to get below 30 minutes.....I have my work cutout for me I think.

Until next time, I hope you are having good days!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig