October 20, 2019

Geneva, Switzerland

We moved on to Genevaa for the last few days of our vacation and by this time I was so worn out from traveling and being GO GO GO all the time. It was really wearing on me and I was glad we only had a few things on our To Do list for Geneva.

First we headed over to the UN for a tour. This was one of the coolest things and I wish I worked there.

It was so intense scheduling this tour. You needed to bring your passports and get a visitor badge and everything. Our tour guide was so knowledgeable and was really interesting to listen to. He discussed all about the United Nations, its core focus, some of the things that were being worked on that day, and we toured some of the various rooms.
I was so excited to get to sit in a delegate seat in the United Nations.
After the UN we had a delicious dinner at Le Relais d'Entrecote, which is a French restaurant that we actually had in Paris during our honeymoon. It was amazing and so incredibly tasty. My mouth waters just thinking about the steakfrites (which is all it serves by way--other than dessert of course).
The following day we visited CERN, which just happened to be having its once a year open house type event where you can visit the labs and talk with the scientists about their experiments.
We were going to try to see the giant Hadron Collider but there was such a long wait that we decided not to. Besides, I'm not overly science-y so it wouldn't mean as much as it would to a proper science nerd.
We walked around a few labs (I understood nothing) and everything looked so impressive. There were also warning signs and radiation signs everywhere. Could you imagine working here? That would be so neat!
And of course I had to find one of the many red buttons to fake-push.
It was so hot the day we visited CERN and we couldn't wait to get back to our hotel to shower and get ready for the evening. We walked around Geneva and did some shopping and stopped at the Jet D'Eau
before heading over for our last Geneva dinner. The French onion soup was so good (it might have been the first time I have ever tried French onion soup) and I had a bratwurst served with a side salad, a tangy macaroni salad, and some spicy mustard. Husband had a bratwurst with rosti and a side salad.
We then headed back to our hotel and packed our bags for our flight home.

I enjoyed our trip to Switzerland so much. By far it is the most we've moved around in any one vacation but it was well worth it to see so many different areas. By no means did we see all of Switzerland but I feel like we got a great mix of cities, towns, and mountain villages.

Did we miss anything you would recommend in Switzerland?
Have you been to Switzerland? What was your favorite town?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig