October 13, 2019

Zermatt, Switzerland (Part 2)


We started our second day in Zermatt by setting out to do some hiking. However, you can take gondolas and lifts to the tops of mountains and hike down if that's more your style (that's what we did). We took a gondola to the Klein Matterhorn ("little Matterhorn" that faces the real Matterhorn) to check out the views and visit the Matterhorn Glacial Paradise.

You can watch all the skiers. I've never been skiing so we didn't venture learn on pretty much the best ski slopes in the world.

The Matterhorn Glacial Paradise is built in a glacier. Seriously.

And there was an ice slide in it...that we had to try.

We enjoyed our gondola rides to the Klein Matterhorn.
If you're afraid of heights this might not be the place for you.

We then took the Gornergrat Express to Gornergrat, the mountain we were going to hike down from.

Our hike down took longer than anticipated. We took the Riffelalf trail.
And some of it looked like this.
I was so relieved when we made it down into the tree line.
And we even passed pastures of alpine cows with bells. Listening to the chorus of chiming bells was so relaxing.

We also passed wild...whatever these are. 
I was so proud of that photo on the left. Haha. I just thought it was perfect with the Matterhorn in the background.

We made it back to Zermatt and rolled into dinner. We had Alpermagronen, which was made of mac'n'cheese with potatoes, bacons, and onions with a side of apple sauce. It.was.so.good. I don't even have words for how good it was. We also enjoyed some of the leftover Laderach chocolate we bought in Zurich.
I need a recipe for Alpermagronen so I can make it at home.

These are a few videos I took in Zermatt. I'm not sure how uploading videos works on here but we'll give it a shot!




After Zermatt we headed to Lausanne, with a brief stop somewhere really cool!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig