February 09, 2021

Trying Home Chef

Are you looking for a way to make getting healthy dinner on the table easier? If so, you've come to the right place. I tried Home Chef and am offering some thoughts so you can decide whether you want to try it for yourself and your family.

Is dinner a daily struggle for you? Do you hate food shopping because you buy a bunch of food and then never want what you planned for dinner when your tummy starts rumbling? I know those struggles all too well. For months my sister kept suggesting I try a meal delivery service to see if it improved the dinner doldrums we were having. So I finally tried Home Chef.

My verdict? It's AWESOME. And so easy. You simply go on the Home Chef website, scroll through the weekly menu options, and pick however many meals you want shipped to you for the upcoming week. Literally. It's that easy. You can even choose your delivery date.

The Home Chef site let's you search by specific menu concerns, too. Whether its "calorie-conscious" or vegetarian or even 30 minutes or less. There are so many options and they all sound delicious.

Once you order your meal box, it will come neatly packaged and securely food-safe. All the recipe cards will be tucked in at the top. We have been building quite a repertoire of recipes with the Home Chef binder they send in your first box.

All the food and meat will be separated in the box. The meat/fish will be in its own plastic bag at the bottom and then all the other ingredients will be in individual baggies separated by meal.

I put everything in the fridge as is, even the shelf-stable ingredients like garlic salt that doesn't really need refrigerated. 
When you are ready to cook you just take out your recipe card, grab your bag of ingredients, and meat and get started. The recipe cards break everything down into easy to follow instructions.

And the best part? All ingredients are perfectly portioned for that specific meal. So no more buying an entire container of corn syrup when you only need a tiny bit.
You literally do not waste a single ingredient when you buy these meal kits because you are only shipped what you need.

Thai sweet garlic ginger sauce? Yeah I would have definitely bought the smallest package from the store and never used it again (or when I did it would have been old and gross and I would have to buy another bottle).

Because you don't have to worry about wasting ingredients (or $$$) you can try so many options you would not ordinarily try.

We have made so many meals from Home Chef and each one turns out perfectly. We have tried:

Pizza

BBQ chicken with arugula pizza.

Pasta


Soup

This "Cozy Chicken and Black Bean Soup" was so good.
 And I didn't have to buy an entire bag of tortilla strips to only use for one recipe (and then tempt me)!

Fish

That salmon was the first Home Chef meal we ever made. My mouth still waters when I think about it. And that shrimp risotto?! AMAZING.


Meat

Tacos -- so many taco choices!

My favorites so far have been these chipotle shrimp tacos and the pork tacos.

We're going to be trying Sun Basket next. I can't wait to see how it compares. I think Sun Basket is slightly more calorie conscious and organiz. We'll see! After that I think we'll take a break because these boxes can get expensive!

Have you ever tried a meal delivery service? What did you think? Do you have recommendations? What was your favorite meal?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig