August 05, 2020

The Ultimate Easy Healthy Taco Skinny Salad

easy taco salad; healthy taco salad; light taco salad; skinny taco salad
This is one of my favorite dinners to make in the summer. It's light, it's quick, it's easy. And you can meal prep it and make it your own! I lighten it up with ground turkey but I keep it classic with corn, black beans, diced tomatoes, and of course avocado.

Ground turkey is one of the leanest proteins you can choose. It's a complete protein, with almost 24 grams of protein in each 3 ounce serving. I like to use turkey as a good swap when I'm trying to lighten up a meal.
easy taco salad; healthy taco salad; light taco salad; skinny taco salad
Rather than using store bought taco seasoning that is full of who knows what I like to make my own. I have a few "go to" seasoning mixes I go to for chili, taco, and fries, and I keep them written on a notepad magnet on my fridge. 
easy taco salad; healthy taco salad; light taco salad; skinny taco salad
For my taco seasoning I mix 1.5 tablespoons of chili powder, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and 1 teaspoon ground cumin. 

To keep this recipe quick and easy we like to use canned black beans and canned or frozen corn. I dice up tomatoes and heat up the beans and corn in the microwave while my turkey taco meat is cooking on the stove top. Then I combine everything together on top of a bed a butter lettuce with a dollop of avocado and sour cream mix.
easy taco salad; healthy taco salad; light taco salad; skinny taco salad
One great thing about salads is you can make them however you want. You can add or subtract ingredients and craft something that satisfies all your cravings. If you're craving a burrito this salad will definitely scratch that itch.

Do you have any go to summer recipes?
What is your favorite salad toppings?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig