August 22, 2020

This Summer's MVP

I know I'm not the only one having an unconventional summer this year. The normal weekend beach trips, picnics in the park, or just generally passing time with friends and family at summertime barbecues and restaurants all were put on hold to stay safe this year. But staying home doesn't have to mean giving up on the favorite parts of summer! And what is more summer than delicious ice cream sundaes?! My ice cream maker has been a real MVP this summer, allowing us to stay home, stay safe, and still enjoy one of my favorite summertime treats...ice cream!

It's so easy to make your own ice cream at home and I have so much fun researching recipes and trying to come up with new flavors to try. There are all kinds of options even if you're gluten free, keto, low-fat, dairy-free, whatever, there is a recipe out there for you. 

So far we've made a few different options. Our first attempt was peanut butter cup. That ended up sooooo peanut buttery and creamy and the peanut butter cups added a little something extra.

We also made the traditional vanilla, of course. It was the perfect base for an old school hot fudge sundae with whipped cream and cherries.

And then we made chocolate chip cookie dough using some cookie dough bites from Amazon.

And my most favorite thus far has been butter pecan. I'll post the recipe soon!

What's your favorite ice cream flavor?

Do you have a favorite summer activity?




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig