August 01, 2020

Weekly Recap: Taylor Swift, Pelothon, and Treats

This week was filled with nonstop work but I ended up taking off on Friday to spend the day with my sister. We had so much fun! 
For this week's breakfasts and lunches I had a wide variety of cravings, and I totally indulged.
I'm still enjoying my vegan Flax Plus Maple Pecan Crunch cereal and I add some blueberries and strawberries to it for a little more texture. I don't eat cereal often but this one is really good.

I had a leftover bratwurst on a hot dog bun with cauliflower tots for lunch on Monday. Cauliflower is one of those foods to me that has become a staple since trying to swap out less healthy foods for more healthy options. Cauliflower pizza crust, cauliflower rice, and no cauliflower tots. I broke out my air fryer and they turned out so crispy!

I also dug out my panini press for this week. I was really craving the turkey chipotle panini from work but obviously with working from home and all I could not make that happen. So I decided I could try to make it myself and even do a slightly healthier version. The sandwich is so good I might do a whole separate post about it so I can find it easier later. It's basically whatever bread you want (I've used french bread, wraps, and regular multigrain bread) with turkey deli meat (would be even better with turkey carvings), chipotle sauce or salad dressing, jalapeno pepper-jack cheese, and avocado. Everything is pressed to perfection on the panini press and I am literally obsessed with this sandwich.

For dinner we did quesadillas and pulled pork with green beans a few times this week. It was a week of pulling out appliances over here and it was nice to use our crock-pot. It's been a long time.
Pulled pork is such an easy crock-pot meal and it makes enough to eat a few times throughout the week. We also love quesadillas and we used rotisserie chicken which made it even fast and easier. 

As far as workouts go, we are still going strong with Pelothon. I'm so happy to be #NoLimitLegion. This week's challenge was to workout five of the seven days. So I did a few bike rides with my sister, a few rides with my brother-in-law, and strength class. My abs and arms are still sore! I've also been enjoying after-dinner walks with the puppy. It's a nice way to sneak some additional miles in.

And I finally got a few photos of Bella as the new pelopup! She can't stay in there when I work out because I'm too nervous she'll get hit my a pedal or chew the bike but I wanted a puppy photo so she could join the #pelopup movement!
Then on Friday my sister came over to celebrate mourn our Taylor Swift concert that was canceled due to covid-19. We were all excited and had matching shirts, pink heart sunglasses, and were excited for a sisters' getaway to Massachusetts for the concert. Luckily, our hotel was refunded and we did not lose out on anything (other than a fun time!). So instead of the concert, we got together, had some sushi, and had a craft day. 
It has been too long since I last had sushi. I always get the cucumber roll, avocado roll, and salmon roll, and this time I even got a side salad and miso soup. It was everything I hoped for.

We made DIY shirts inspired by Taylor Swift and painted white sneakers with stencils. I don't know how people do it. I am so not crafty. Maybe I'll share those on the blog soon with some tips for how to avoid mistakes I made!
The sneakers were painted with stencils and I chose a "sweet" theme with ice cream cones.They look like ice cream cones right?? Then for our tie dye extravaganza we made shirts inspired by Taylor Swift's new Folklore sweatshirt. DIYing it saved us $60! It came out lighter than I planned BUT it's a nice subtle marble, which is what we were really going for.

My sister and I sat outside enjoying the weather, chatted about everything going on in our lives, took the puppy for a walk, and watched her play with a big branch that fell out of a tree.
I tried to put her inside at some point but she basically just stayed by the door with the cutest little "let me out. Let me join you pleeeease" look on her face. She even put her little paws on the glass.
She makes my heart melt. 

We also made the most delicious dessert. Some people know it as "Christmas Crack" and I can see why. It is SO easy to make and SO mouthwateringly good! I almost don't want to share the receipt because it's so easy to make you will probably find yourself making it constantly (not great for weight loss, lol). Definitely keep an eye out for the recipe but for right now, here's a sneak peek!
This week was a pretty good week outside of all the work. And seeing my sister was the cherry on top. I'm looking forward to our next craft day.

Do you like to do crafts? What is your favorite craft to make? Have you started any new activities since covid-19 and quarantine started?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig