May 12, 2023

How to Make Friendship Bracelets (Taylor's Version)

For those lucky enough to snag tickets to Taylor Swift's infamously and instantaneously sold out The Eras Tour, here is a quick post sharing how to make those friendship bracelets fans are trading at her shows.

Why are Taylor Swift Fans trading friendship bracelets?

The simple answer is...Taylor told us too! In her song You're On Your Own, Kid she sings:

...Cause there were pages turned with the bridges burned
Everything you lose is a step you take
So make the friendship bracelets
Take the moment and taste it
You've got no reason to be afraid
You're on your own, kid, yeah, you can face this
You're on your own, kid, you always have been...

It's also just really fun and lets us older fans relive a crucial part of our childhood. I still remember the hours my sister and I spent making friendship bracelets to sell at our swim club for a quarter. Were we the OG child entrepreneurs? Lol.

What do the Taylor Swift friendship bracelets say?

Anything and everything related to Taylor Swift - song lyrics, album titles, tour names, Taylor quotes. The limit does not exist. Just use your creativity and add some pretty beads.
My favorites are song titles and album names.

How do you make friendship bracelets (Taylor's version)?

  1. You'll need: elastic string, alphabet beads, and decorative filler/spacer beads. This variety bead pack will give you alllll the options to get you started. These gold alphabet beads give major Fearless vibes. There are so many options so just check on Amazon and in your local craft store and choose your favorites. Just make sure all of your beads will fit your string. Don't buy a 2 mm elastic string and try to add 1 mm beads on it!
  2. Measure your wrist and add 4 inches to give you room to tie off the bracelets.
  3. Lay out your design to confirm spelling, spacing, and that it will fit on your wrist once tied.
  4. Add the beads to the string and tie a double knot. Make sure the knot is secure -- you don't want your bracelet breaking and flinging beads all over the stadium floor! You can add some glue to make sure it's secure.
  5. Once you are satisfied with your bracelet cut off the excess string. 
My sister became such a pro at making bracelets (the photos above were some of her designs) and each one she made was better than the last. I kept asking her to make me duplicates. When we were little kids she would always get made because I wanted everything she had -- I guess when it comes to bracelets some things never change! 

These are a few of my song title bracelets:
My favorite era is definitely reputation so I had to make bracelets for it.
But my overall favorite bracelets we made were definitely the The Eras Tour ones.
It's so hard to photograph bracelets actually on your wrist but I did my best. We have so many options and cannot wait to start trading with our fellow swifties at the concert!
Are you joining in on the bracelet fun? What will your bracelets look like?

Bracelets or not, I hope you have a fantastic time at the concert! 

Don't forget to share all of your photos of your bracelets and tour pics and tag me (@completelynikki) on Instagram so I can see them!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig