May 27, 2023

Throwing a Harry Potter Themed Bridal Shower

 

If you are planning a bridal shower as magical as your bride-to-be I'm sharing some inspiration from a Harry Potter themed bridal shower I recently threw.

My best friend from high school is getting married in October -- well, technically July but that's a long story -- so of course the bridal party threw her a bridal shower. Since her and her husband-to-be are both huge fans of Harry Potter it was an easy theme decision on our part.  

Ultimately our bride had no idea what the theme was and it was really fun seeing her face as she put it together.  

The hardest part was making sure the decor didn't come off like little-kid-birthday-party. To keep things elevated and sophisticated we stuck with black, white, and gold with wood and metallic accents.

The shower was held at the King George II Inn in Bristol, PA. It is a historic inn founded in 1681! And I have heard that it is haunted. 

Situated right on the Delaware River you can sit outside or take a walk around the area on fair weather days. Unfortunately, it rained during the shower but the picture window still allowed for pretty views. 

Some decor ideas for a Harry Potter theme event are: 
Floating candles hung from the ceiling
Hogwarts letters (we hung a strand of letter from the ceiling)
Big BRIDE letter boxes filled with balloons, flowers, lights, confetti
Bedazzled photo wall or selfie area
Bird cages
Golden snitches made of Ferrera Rocher chocolates
Cute centerpieces 
 

As a self-proclaimed foodie, food is such an important component of any event. We made sure the options included some of the bride's favorites. Who doesn't love a good brunch?

I was in charge of games and prizes. The bride didn't want to open gifts at the shower so we needed games to fill the time. A pretty hilarious game was the Who has the Groom scratch off?  The winning card had the groom's face and all the rest had random celebrities. 

The celebrity I got was Ben Affleck. The bridesmaid next to me got Mr. Bean. Laughs all around for the these scratch offs and these are a perfect game addition for any theme.

We also had some paper games. A How Well Do You Know the Bride trivia-style game got the group talking and saw who knew the bride the best. There were some seriously surprising answers! 

The last written game we had was What's In Your Purse? where guests were able to accrue points based on the items in their purse. Some items were weird. Others were totally normal.

For prizes I made boxes in each of the Harry Potter houses. For Gryffindor I DIYed a Life is What You Bake It brownie mix box. For Hufflepuff I put three mini succulents. For Slytherin it was a Burt's Bees giftset. For Ravenclaw I put a mini bottle of champagne and two champagne flutes. Then I had a Hogwarts box full of hot chocolate bombs.

There was a really great group of ladies who attended and it was nice seeing some old faces I haven't seen in years. There was a whole table of some high school friends that I had lost touch with. They haven't changed. Like at all.


The Mother of The Bride was a vision in lavender. As Taylor Swift would say...."I just wanna stay in that lavender haze!"


We also gave out advice cards for guests to fill out. I'm sure there are some funny responses on those! 

The last game we had was a guessing game for how many chocolate kisses were in a container. Guesses ranged from 85 to 7,000 (lol) and the winner guessed 222. There were in fact 221!

You can't have a bridal shower without cake! 

The cake was delicious but the cake "popsicle" favors were possibly my favorite part. They were all perfectly on-theme. 

I think everyone had a great time and I can't wait for the wedding!

The bridesmaids are really nice and we worked really well together to plan everything.

You may remember another Harry Potter themed bridal shower I threw for a friend in 2017 but I have to say I was even more thrilled with this one! 

This group of bridesmaids really went all out to make it special for our gorgeous bride-to-be.

****

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig