May 31, 2023

So it (almost) begins...#75Hard

It is time to begin 75 Hard, well, almost. 

I'm actually starting it tomorrow, on June 1st, but I wanted to add a quick update as to what the plan is so we hit the ground running (pun fully intended) tomorrow.

To recap, 75 Hard requires that for 75 straight days you do these five things:

1.  Drink a gallon of water per day. 

I have amassed an impressive collection of water bottles so this is the perfect opportunity to use them. As long as I start early I think I will be able to succeed with this task. The only problem is going to be all the bathroom breaks! I read a blog post by someone who completed the 75 Hard challenge and she said that after a week or so the bathroom breaks get less and less as your body adjusts. I hope my body adjusts quickly!

2.    Follow a diet of your choosing. No alcohol. No cheat meals.

The diet I chose is to eat one salad a day and have no fried food. I wanted something fairly definitive and easy to tell if I failed. I considered adopting a mediterranean diet but I figured I would get tripped up by all of the specifics of what counts or doesn't count. Eating one salad per day and giving up friend food is a lifestyle change I think I can keep even after the challenge is over.

3.    Complete two 45-minute workouts. One must be outside. 

My plan is to do a morning workout and an evening workout. I'm not sure what exactly I'll do each day but I will do my best. As long as I don't let the weather or laziness distract me I will do just fine. 

4.    Read 10 pages of a non-fiction book.

I have been searching for book recommendations and I have settled on a few options for this part. I typically only use audiobooks but for the challenge they can't be audio format so instead I bought a few secondhand books from online resellers. 

I have Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins, and Four Thousand Week: Time Management for Mortals by Oliver Burkeman, Atomic Habits by James Clear, and The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson. I have a few more coming and I can't decide what order to read them in but I hope they will be interesting.

5.     Daily progress pic. 

This should be easy enough to do as long as I don't forget. It will be a neat way to track any progress. 

******

And of course, if you miss any of the tasks...you fail and have to start over. The creator of the challenge has very strong opinions about failing.

“If you modify the program just to say you completed it, did you really succeed? No. That’s the problem with your whole life… you constantly modify your plans & goals so you can say you completed them. By doing that, you never achieve what you’re actually capable of, and you’ll end up feeling worse about yourself because you know deep down you cheated.”

-Andy Frisella, Creator of 75 Hard

******
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Have a thought? I'd love to hear it! Share a comment and let me know what you're thinking.

Blogger templates by pipdig